A message from the co-chairs:Good evening, Ladies,
Despite the shower in PEC and the humid air mass over the area, today’s
20th Annual Town & Country Garden Tour was a wonderful event.
For folks who like numbers, we sold about 260 tickets.
Just as importantly, our gardeners, our guests and our volunteers tell
us that they greatly enjoyed the day.
Here are some quotes:
* “That sandwich in the lunch: I am picky about sandwiches but
wow, that sandwich was REALLY good!”
* “Beautiful gardens plus vintage cars: perfect combo!”
* From four new attendees from Deseronto/Napanee: “We heard the
interview promoting the Garden Tour this morning on the Steve
Marlin radio show and we decided to attend! It has been great!”
* A returning guest: “I am from England and I come every year:
why wouldn’t I, with the gardens you have around here?”
* A local guest: “I had such a fabulous time as a gardener/host at
last year’s tour that I had to come this year as a guest”.
* After spending the afternoon in the SW-style garden, Carolyn
Cockerline predicts that “many local gardeners will be inspired
to incorporate SW-style features into their gardens, in the
We thank you, the members of CFUW Belleville and District, for helping
to make today’s tour such a rewarding and memorable experience for
everyone involved. It was great fun!
Irene Hiebert and Karen Mouck
Garden Tour 2019 Committee Co-Chairs